Monday, July 16, 2007

Finished!

This past weekend, I finished the water feature in my backyard. With the help of four friends, the large stone was moved into the backyard and into the pool. No small feat.

These fountains are great to install. The rock has been drilled out and fitted with a pump and all the fittings. The bottom of the rock has a platform attached to it which raises the rock up. The pump is located inside this platform which makes it very easy to install. All you have to do is set it in place. After putting the rock in the pool, I found out that it was sitting lower than I wanted. This was easily fixed by setting the rock on a brick platform that raised it up nearly three inches.

The bottom of the large rock fountain was now just slightly higher than the top of the pool. Once the smaller stones were added, the large stone looked like it was resting on top of a bed of rocks. The smaller stones were placed on some heavy duty mesh that I picked up at a home supply store. To help hold the mesh up, I placed a few bricks inside of the pool for the liner to rest on. Now, I can sit back and enjoy the sound of water in my back yard.
Make your day a good one.