Thursday, April 17, 2008

Container Planting

Last night, I moved some planters that were being stored in the back yard to the front steps. Every spring I arrange the pots differently. Sometimes there are just a couple pots, this year I’m going all out.

The pots were filled with fresh potting soil. I also added some soil moist to the soil, which helps retain moisture, and added some osmocote slow release fertilizer. They were then planted with large faced multi-colored pansies. Now my neighbors across the street have something better to look at.

Here are a few tips on containers. They must have a drainage hole. Use containers that are ten or more inches in diameter – smaller containers dry out too fast. If you mix colors and styles of containers like I do, you should keep the plantings the same in all the pots. If all of your containers match then you can plant each one differently. One or the other should always be the same.



Make your day a good one.

No comments: