Monday, September 17, 2007

The Lovely Zinnia


I’ve mentioned here in the blog, that I really don’t have a favorite flower or plant. Whatever is in season or in bloom is often my favorite. Right now, it is the profusion zinnia. This is the second year that I have planted them. Last year it was the white variety when I did all my planters in white. This year I planted the orange variety since I was going for shades of tangerine in my planters. This plant is unbelievably reliable and grows like crazy. I have seen it in gardens and planters all over the place and they always look good. I know some people think zinnias are old fashioned and passé. To that I say whatever. I want color and I want reliability – the profusion zinnia delivers on that. Here is a picture of one of the plants in my moss lined planters.

Make your day a good one.