Thursday, April 26, 2007

Magnolias in Minnesota

Tomorrow (Friday)is Arbor Day. Here in Minnesota it is the last Friday of April. I'll be showing some tips on tree planting today during 5 Eyewitness News at 4 and then again Friday morning during 5 Eyewitness News Midday.

Speaking of trees, the beautiful magnolias are in bloom right now. Yes, you can grow magnolias in Minnesota. There are three that I see every day on my drive to and from work – they are spectacular right now. A few varieties hardy in this area include Leonard Messel, Merrill and Royal Star. While they are different then those that grow further south, it is a great way to give your yard some southern charm.

If you have kids who like to color, here is a link to a website that has trees that you can easily print out for your kids to color in celebration of Arbor Day.
Who can’t use some more refrigerator art? Click here

I’ll have some more tomorrow – including what my plan is with my container gardens.

Make your day a good one.