Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

The long Memorial Day weekend is here.

I will be in the studio on Saturday morning during the 8:00 hour of 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS Weekend Morning. I will be talking about plants for container gardens early in the newscast and then later on I will talk about shade loving plants. No more excuses from all the folks I hear from you claim they can’t grow anything because of shade.

On Sunday morning I will be back at the same time. This time, weather permitting I will be in my backyard and what a treat it will be – Rob Koch will be there doing his weather forecasts as well. Our tentative plans include doing some grilling and a tour of my backyard. In more then 7 years of using my yard for television appearances, I have never given viewers a full look around the yard –it should be great fun.

The rest of my weekend will be filled with starting the work on a raised vegetable bed in my side yard and looking at an idea I have for a rock fountain. Oh yeah, I will be tackling the destruction of one my bathrooms that I’m remodeling. I’ll be giving you updates on the raised vegetable beds and the fountain in the days and weeks ahead.

I have to run now –time to mow the lawn and get the yard ready for Rob’s visit. I feel like an inspection will be happening.

Make your day and weekend a good one.
Click here for tips on how to add tropical plants to your yard