Wednesday, August 30, 2006

At the Fair with Brad Sattin

It was a beautiful day at the Fair today. I was out there for 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS at 4 p.m. - talking about plants that are perfect for rain gardens. Here is a photo of myself with anchor Brad Sattin just seconds before going on the air. I’m not sure what was so funny.

Before the segment I spent some time walking around the fair checking out the Adopt-A-Garden program. This year there are 28 gardens around the Fair, mostly around the Agriculture/Horticulture Building. The Fair has had this program for a few years and I was amazed at how quickly these gardens have grown. When you are there, check them out.

Tomorrow (Thursday) at 10 a.m. there will be a special ceremony dedicating the Korean War Veteran’s Garden.

That’s it for today - if you are at the Fair tomorrow or Friday stop by the KSTP building and say hello. I will be there for EYEWITNESS NEWS at 4 p.m. each day.