Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fall Container Gardening

Wow!
It was another beautiful day at the Fair. I was out there for 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS at 4 - today I was talking about fall container gardening. I was joined by Sophie from Minneapolis who helped me put together a beautiful container garden.

She filled the pot with decorative ornamental peppers (not edible) garden asters, purple flowering kale and a rust colored garden mum - perfect for fall. I know, I know - you don’t want to think about fall, but it is coming and I’m going to make the most of my favorite season of the year.

While she was working on planting the container I talked about some of the other plants that work great in containers during the fall. I’ll get that list put together next week and have it for you here.

If you are at the Fair on Friday stop by the KSTP building and say hello. I will be there for 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS at 4.