Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ready for the Weekend

It’s Friday already - where did the week go?

A few miscellaneous things for the weekend.

This Sunday from 3-9 p.m. is the Japanese Lantern Lighting Festival at Como Park.

I’ve done a couple segments on this event over the years, plus I’ve attended it a few times and it is very cool. My 15 year old niece tells me that it is not cool to use the word "cool". The word "sweet" is what I should be using. So, this is one sweet event and worth checking out. Wow, I feel younger already.

This Saturday watch the new 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS WEEKEND from 8-9 a.m., I’ll be doing a few live segments from my yard during the hour. It’s been a few months since I was live - it will be good practice for the upcoming weeks.

Oh yeah - less then a week, it is State Fair time. I’ll admit it, I’m a State Fairaholic. (OK I know that is not a word - but play along anyway.) I love the Fair and have not missed it in at least 25 plus years. (I started going when I was really young) Later today I’ll find out when I will be out there doing segments for various 5 EYEWITNES NEWS shows. I’ll let you know when and where you might see me early next week. Make sure you say hello if and when you see me at the Fair - it is always fun to meet viewers.

During the course of the Fair, I will post things here more often, so check back frequently.

Until then, make your weekend a good one.