Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Flash! Bang! Rumble!

Flash! Bang! Rumble!

That’s what it was like here in South Minneapolis last night. I don’t remember when I last jumped out of bed so fast to close windows. I’m not sure how much rain we got, since I forgot to put the rain gauge back out in the lawn after mowing a couple nights ago. We needed the rain and anything we get will help.

It’s Wednesday and off to the Fair I go. I know it doesn’t start until tomorrow. Today we will be putting together a few stories that will be airing during the run of the Fair.

So far I know that I will be out there this Friday for the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS at 4 and 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS Weekend this Saturday. I should find out the rest of the schedule today.

My yard and garden fun (it’s not work) will have to wait until after Labor Day when the Fair is over. In the meantime, our cooler nights and moderate temperatures during the day make it perfect for planting. If you are looking to add a few perennials, plant trees or shrubs or get some grass seed down – now is an excellent time to get it done.

I’ll have more here tomorrow and nearly every day during the fair. Until then, have a good one.