Saturday, August 26, 2006

Blue Ribbon

Yesterday I was out at the Fair to watch my niece, Kelsey show her sheep. My scheduled segments were dropped on Friday due to the coverage of the tornadoes in Southern Minnesota. It was great fun to see her in the ring with her sheep, even when the sheep was being stubborn and didn’t want to move. A little push and it eventually started moving again. She got a blue ribbon which was great.

Today I was back at the Fair bright and early with meteorologist Rob Koch for the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS Weekend Morning - 8:00 hour. We both were in the Echo Experience Building which is just north of the 4-H Building.

There is a lot to see in this building and it makes you look at and think about how we can do things that are better for the environment which in turn are ultimately better for all of us.

If you are there, check out the display on rain gardens it is a great way to filter out pollutants from the water before it gets to the streets which will help keep our rivers and lakes clean. For about a year, I have been trying to figure out how to incorporate one of these into my own yard

Make your day a good one - see you at the Fair.