Thursday, September 14, 2006

BLT

There are lots of great reasons to garden - being outdoors, the exercise or maybe the beauty of watching something bloom and grow.

Tonight there was only one reason for me and that was my quest for the bacon, lettuce and fresh from the garden tomato sandwich. For those of you that have been reading this since spring, you know this is why I grow tomatoes. During tomato season, I could eat this every night. But don’t worry, I don’t. I have to admit, I cheated a bit on this one. I threw in some avocado and cilantro too - it was darn good!

This Sunday night, make yourself one of these for a late night snack and tune in to On the Road with Jason Davis at 10:35 p.m. This week it should be called In the Garden with Jason Davis. It’s a half-hour of fun and interesting gardening stories with the best storyteller in town.

Jason will be visiting an award winning rain garden, following some blue ribbon vegetable growers from early summer all the way to the State Fair. (I wonder if they grow tomatoes.) He then heads north to the Duluth Rose Garden and the Brainerd Arboretum.

With Jason’s excellent story telling and all the great photography that goes with it, this should be a treat to watch.

Make your day a good one and don’t forget the mayo on that BLT.

No comments: