Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sun Loving Perennials

Yesterday I gave you my list of 5 shade loving perennials. I believe in equal time for all sides, so here is a list of 5 sun loving perennials. This is from the segment that aired last night.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when planting perennials.

-Plant in groups of 3-5 or more. Groups of identical plants planted together create impact and add interest.

-Don’t forget plants that create winter interest such as the various ornamental grasses.

-Even with the sun loving perennials look for plants with interesting and unique foliages.

Coreopsis
Echinacea (Coneflower)
Perennial Geraniums
-Johnson’s Blue
-Moonbeam
-Sunray
-Karl Forester Grass
-Limerock Ruby
-Purple
-Vintage Wine
-Sunrise
-Sunset

Veronica
-Royal Candles
-Red Fox
-Crater Lake Blue

I’ll be back again tomorrow with my weekend list of things that I’ll be doing in my yard and garden.

Make your day a good one!